If you choose the WV Extension as your COS program, here’s what to expect.
- Once you submit a REGISTRATION FORM, you will receive a confirmation from the COS Registrar (Lisa Tappe…not to be confused with Local Pastor Registrar). Your confirmation will include the amount due on the first weekend of the term.
- Once you choose your class(es), you may begin the course pre-work. If you have questions along the way, you will find your instructors contact information within the syllabus. You will find each syllabus on the website under the SCHEDULE tab. Each syllabus contains reading assignments and coursework due dates (if any).
- Each weekend of Course of Study, check in at Spring Heights is from 3:00 to 5:30. During the first weekend, you will receive your Housing Assignment (housing assignment will remain the same for both weekends). Dinner and Announcements begin at 5:00 so it is best to arrive as early as possible. First set of classes begin at 6PM on Friday. (See STUDENT HANDBOOK for sample of Weekend Schedule format).
- Meals, snacks and beverages are provided throughout the weekend.
- We worship both weekends on Saturday evening following dinner and traditionally receive an offering that is designated to various ministries chosen by the class that leads worship.
- New students are encouraged to participate in the writing seminar held on the first weekend, on Friday from 3:00 to 4:30. The Writing Instructor (Mark Jarrett) is available for one on one assistance throughout both weekends.
I hope you find this helpful and if you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dar Phillips (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have registration questions or contact me (preferred: email@example.com) / (681/235-2572) with any other questions. Blessings as you begin your COS journey and I look forward helping you in any way I can.
Rev. Greg Markins, Director – WV Extension